Friday, July 10, 2009

What you call questionable, I call sexy

For Sass [My apologies to Philip :) ]

This one's for you-
You-know-who.
Two coasts, two girls, one
seemingly the same life.
We're different in lots of ways, sure
but the biggest is this:

What you call questionable,
I call sexy.

See, you're dating a boy
with a jaw like a boulder
and legs like a GQ model.

I'm not dating anyone.
I spend all my time
trying to explain to you
why Pablo Neruda is
so
darn
gorgeous.

I learned a long time ago
how to not
bounce a basketball,
so, now, it's time
for your education to begin.

I'll take you to poetry readings
and show you pictures
of boys in Buddy Holly glasses
and make you watch
indie films...

but it still doesn't work.

Because we're two coasts, two girls,
too similar
too different
for me to
bring myself to
change any of you.



1 comment:

  1. he is gorgeous.
    Neruda I mean.

    I practiced falling in love with him all through my senior year.
    When i finally succeeded I realized that I had no one to tell. and that was almost more tragic than looking up his biography and staring at the numbers that looked like the elevator floor that was yours. but the door shut too fast and you couldn't get off in time. so you stand awkwardly with the group of people also waiting and none of you want to say a word. it would be too painfully strange to offer your name to them or a comment that means nothing and so you just stand there.

    sometimes though you meet people that you could tell.

    Ah, Pablo. I loved him you know.

    ReplyDelete